From Rep. G. K. Butterfield
Rep. G K Butterfield who serves the 1st Congressional District is looking for interns for the office in DC and offices within the 1st district of North Carolina.
Intern in My Office
About the Internship
Internships provide a wonderful opportunity for qualified college students and recent graduates to gain hands-on experience in a Congressional Office and to learn more about the legislative process. Full and part-time internships are available to exceptional candidates year-round in our D.C., Wilson and Durham offices. Our internships are UNPAID and for academic credit and professional development purposes only.
Whether your preference is to intern in Washington, D.C. or in North Carolina, the daily responsibilities of our interns include, but are not limited to:
- Meeting and greeting visitors
- Opening and distributing incoming mail to appropriate staff members
- Answering constituent phone calls, emails, and faxes
- Assisting with the processing of constituent tour and flag requests
- Attending legislative hearings and meetings and drafting memos for staff
- Researching policy issues and drafting correspondence on diverse topics
- Providing support and assistance to the legislative staff
- Transporting documents and materials to other Congressional Offices
- Helping to organize meetings with local community leaders and constituents
- Contacting federal and state agencies to gather information and help address constituent concerns
To apply for an internship in the Offices of Congressman G. K. Butterfield, please submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in your cover letter which office you are applying to. Preference will be given to candidates with North Carolina ties.