What you need to know…
- Edward Snowden leaked documents show the NSA and other government agencies use the mass media to pump misinformation to discredit activists and others.
- A senior aid in the UK who was involved in drawing up the government’s policy for the large internet firms on online pornography filters is arrested in child porn sting.
- At least one police department in Florida has failed to tell judges about its use of a cell phone tracking device because the department got the device on loan and promised the manufacturer to keep it all under wraps.
- The U. S. Government is suing Sprint over inflated wiretap charges. The government claims Sprint “inflated its charges by approximately 58 percent,” which amounts to more than $21 million in overpayment.
What you may want to know…
- RadioShack is closing 1,100 stores.
- An asteroid will come within 215, 000 miles of earth—closer than the moon and some satellite orbits.
- Russia could reduce to zero its economic dependency on the United States if Washington agreed sanctions against Moscow over Ukraine.
And, last but not least, WTF articles you may like…
- In Columbus, OH—Boy points finger like gun, gets suspended.