WASHINGTON, DC — On Monday, March 23rd, Rep. G. K. Butterfield (NC-01) will join Dr. Pamela Roshell, Department of Health and Human Services Director for Region IV, for a roundtable discussion and celebration of the 5th Anniversary of the Patients’ Protections and Affordable Care Act (PPACA). Joining in the celebration, which also marks Women’s History Month, will be key government and healthcare leaders who will discuss the Affordable Care Act’s success in North Carolina, and underscore what its passage means to women’s health.
Since President Obama signed the Affordable Care Act five years ago, about 560,357 North Carolinians selected plans or were automatically re-enrolled through the health insurance Marketplace under the Affordable Care Act.
In addition to Rep. Butterfield and Dr. Roshell, the panelists for the roundtable on Women’s Health and the ACA will include:
• Kellan Moore, Executive Director, Care Share Health Alliance
• Nicole Dozier, NC Justice Center
• Penny Washington, Wake & Franklin Health Services
• Sorien Schmidt, Enroll America, North Carolina
• Dr. Sharon Elliott Bynum, Healing with CAARE
• Krystal Holman, Project Access
• Sally Wilson, Director, Project Access
• Durham County Commissioner Brenda Howerton
• Dr. Elaine Hart Brothers, Director of the Community Health Coalition